Saturday, February 6, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge ... YELLOW HOUSES

 Yellow is the colour of the month... I don't have a lot of yellow so I'm stretching the rules a bit and using some golds as well.  I managed 38 Tiny Houses in varying degrees of yellow this week.  You need to look closely to find the yellow in a few of them!

 






I have a few fat quarters with loosely scattered yellow dots, They've been on the shelf for a while, now one of them is cut  up for the house backgrounds.

Check out Angela's Rainbow Scrap Challenge Link below to see what all the other scrappy quilters are whipping up with their yellows.

 


I keep saying I'm going to use up some orphan blocks, so some of the smaller ones are up on the wall, inspiration has not struck me yet.



On the other wall, blocks for my second scrappy Double Double 4 patch are organized ( a term used roughly, lol).  Finally I have started assembling the rows.  Hopefully I'll have some progress to post on that next week!




Links: Rainbow Scrap Challenge

15 comments:

  1. Your little houses are so happy. Love the double four-patch quilt. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tiny houses are lovely. I spied the red monkey! Love the only stars too. Both of these blocks are ones I’m doing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute tiny houses! We all include golds in the yellows so you’re not stretching the rules at all. And by the looks of those to-die-for houses, the more the merrier!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your houses are very fun to see and watch as they grow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute houses. We are all adding gold as we thought we had more yellows, improvising as we go along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a small housing estate you've got going on there! They do look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, scrap blocks bonanza! I love all of them, especially the Double Double 4 patches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia, they are a great scrapbuster and no triangles to deal with :)

      Delete
  8. Your little houses are so sweet Karen! Love scrapbusters. They are so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute yellow little houses. I also consider golden as yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure that inspiration will strike for those orphan blocks. Getting them up on the wall is a good first step. I see plenty of yellow in your houses! It isn't about following the rules but about trying to use what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SEW much scrappy fun going on at your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cute little gold and yellow houses look great, you must be so pleased that your construction rate is coming along so well. Houses for the people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like the idea of using a fabric even if you have to search for the color of the month. I’m doing that this year as well. I enjoy rainbow quilts but was a bit burned out with using the same scraps over and over. Your other small blocks and double double 4 patches will make some really joyful quilts. So much fun color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with your house blocks. They are the cutest and what a fun four patch quilt on the design wall. happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete