Sunday, November 27, 2022


This one is for my granddaughter, Livia. She has always loved to dance, sometimes like a ballerina or silly and funny like the Grinch.  Watching her get lost in the moves, graceful or silly, warms this gramma's heart.
 
Here is the Link to the Be A Ballerina pattern from Be Sew Inspired. 

 I  did change it up and left out the side curtains.  The full width was too much for the 60 inch wide minky backing.


 I  had the pink fabric, but Livia picked out the blue,  purple  and multicolored fabric.



I also replaced the flowers with my granddaughter's name.



Machine quilted, free motion....a bit of a challenge since I  usually do big stitch hand quilting and was very out of practice. 



Our silly girl;




 Linking up with CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP and Free Motion Mavericks

7 comments:

  1. How cute is ballerina quilt!! Looks like your quilting skills were great. Your granddaughter is going to LOVE it. You've done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I was sure that I had commented, but I guess it was another post. Anyway, I love your finish and I'm sure that your granddaughter will too! Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, this is so cute! Kathy Tandaric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. Have a great Christmas with those grandbabies!

      Delete
  4. What an adorable quilt! The fellow holding it looks cute in a tutu. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt for Livia is so adorable!!! I like the mods you did to it, too! Awesome quilting with that minkee back!!!

    ReplyDelete