Thursday, May 18, 2023

Plaid

 I'm still on my Lori Holt streak ... this time with "Plaid" from her  "Happiness is Scrappiness" Book. That makes 3 finishes from this book, the most I've ever done from one book.  All of Lori's books are amazing.



I did make it smaller than the pattern instructions, mine finished at 42" x 63".  It may be a donation quilt, not quite sure yet.  I kept out any pinks or flowers, so it is gender neutral.

Oops, I lied, this is only the second finish from "Scrappiness is Happiness" , the third is still on the basement floor waiting to be basted. 




Plaid is a great pattern for scraps and stash.




Backed with a fun animal print found at a great price and bound with some gingham from the stash.





Big stitch hand quilted with a light blue  Guittermann thread.





I marked the lines with Crayola Ultra Washable Markers, and YES, the lines came out in the wash. I always use the blue DAWN dish soap and they come out everytime.  I do use warm water, a color catcher or 2 and sometimes let it soak a bit in the soapy water.





I'm hoping to do a Christmas quilt this year.  

Lori's "Vintage Christmas" has been bought, now to decide on a quilt .... I love all the blocks in the cover quilt, but I also love the 2 colour quilt options in that book.  I may have to start both and then it'll be next year at least till one is done for Christmas!


Happy quilting everyone :)





Linking with: Sarah at Can I Get a WhoopWhoop



 






4 comments:

  1. Lovely happy looking quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your backing fabric on this pretty quilt! Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely and feels soft and ready to cuddle - Win Win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really striking quilts. Well done.

    ReplyDelete