Sunday, December 24, 2023

POSITIVELY

 Last Finish of 2023


There's many WIP's lingering in the sewing room, but my final 2023 finish is new project started a few weeks ago.  As a fellow quilter posted recently....can you say SQUIRREL ?  Sometimes you just need something easy and fun.  




This was a free pattern from Emily Dennis of  QUILTY LOVE called Scrap Stash Plus Quilt.   

The original plan was to only use plus blocks of all colours...use up those scraps.  





Well you know how plans go... I didn't like it so I eliminated the pink and bright green.  




Then I decided to stick to more black, blue, green and yellow.  Looking better, but it's been so dark and gloomy outside lately, my quilty soul needed to lighten it up...making for a much quicker finish which is always a winner!



Free motion quilting, still getting acquainted with my new/used machine and loving it.  Can I just say again how much I miss the big stitch hand quilting.  My hands don't miss it  but my heart does.   ....enough whining.  






The black striped binding really makes the quilt for me. I love it and wish I had a huge stash of it, but there's only enough for one more  medium sized quilt.  













The backing:




42 x 60 {40 x 57 after washing and drying}


Linking up with Oh Scrap

8 comments:

  1. Squirrels can turn into some wonderful things!!! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fun quilt finish! I love the fresh colors you put together and that striped binding is perfect for it. Great backing fabric, too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karenbbsnow@gmail.comDecember 25, 2023 at 6:29 AM

      Thankyou.. MERRY Christmas

      Delete
  3. What a cute final finish!!! Yes, love that b&w striped binding!!! Quilters are always coming into the quilt shop asking us for such a stripe. When we get it in--boom! It's gone! Cute backing, too! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karenbbsnow@gmail.comDecember 25, 2023 at 6:31 AM

    Thankyou and MERRY Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beauty. I have been having carpal tunnel issues lately and am fearful that I'll have to adjust my quilting habits. In fact, to make the hand feel better, I avoided doing anything with fabric for 2 days. It felt like a lifetime!!! I admire anyone who quilts on a regular machine. I do it, but it's not my best work. I love that you just dive in and make it work. Your finish is wonderful and so sweet for a young child. I also think the pink wasn't working. You can't go wrong with blue and yellow and light green. well done and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou Elana. Quilting truly is amazing therapy. I rarely have a day where I'm not down in my sewing room getting lost in time . Hope you had a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete