Friday, May 10, 2024

St. LOUIS 16 PATCH

 


My St. Louis 16 Patch Quilt was inspired my Sarah from Confessions of a Fabric addict. She gives a free tutorial called Meet me in St Louis .  I believe I made it one row bigger/longer that hers.




I used a fat quarter bundle ... but I can't remember the name of it.   Precuts appeal to me because I really dislike cutting from large pieces  of fabric.  However I'm not always thrilled with the variety in the precuts.

P



Free motion quilted on my Janome 6650....love that machine!



A pretty quick finish,, actually done last year but never got around to posting.



This one will likely go in the donation pile.

64 x 80


Most of today was spent putting these finished blocks into a topper:




So far it's 60 x 60.  It calls for a 5 inch border to make it 70 x 70.   Borders are not my best friend but I'm thinking to donate this one and the larger size will be good for an older child.


The pattern is KALEIDOSCOPE by Vanessa Goertzen for Lella Boutique.  I bought the pattern at least 5 years ago during a July shop hop after seeing it done up as a display.  LOL, can't believe I finally made it!

The main fabric is a Jelly Roll ... Bountiful Blooms by Sherri and Chelsi for Moda Fabrics.

Linking up with Cynthia at Oh Scrap!

6 comments:

  1. I really like your St Louis 16 Patch. It looks terrific. And, you've wowed me with your freehand quilting on your Janome. I can do some freehand on my domestic but I generally use the computerized long arm. I'm chuckling over here about your surprise that you used your pattern -- so what if it ages a bit... I think it turned out terrifically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bonnie.. I have lots more well aged patterns around here and just recieved The Bonnie and Camille Quilt Bee book in the mail 😲

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your 16 patch........well done on getting it finished.........the other top is lovely too........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your St. Louis 16 Patch Quilt looks beautiful! I love the quilting too, congratulations on the finish ;) The Kaleidoscope top is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your St Louis 16 patch is beautiful! I still have one under construction...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your St Louis 16 patch quilt is beautiful! I still have one under construction!

    ReplyDelete