Thursday, July 1, 2021

Vintage Green




Another 9-patch stashbuster.  

I enjoy making 9-patches and 4-patches from my small strips and squares, finding new ways to use them is a fun challenge.  Here I used 1.5 inch strips and squares to make 3 inch finished 9-patches


 This time I really wanted to use up some green fabric I had won a few years ago, so the plain 6 inch alternate blocks were the choice.


I was running low on the lighter green and had to use the darker shade in the 4 corner alternate blocks and the centre block.  The darker shade was already planned for the setting triangles, I think it worked out pretty good.






I still have 4 yards of two even darker green fabrics, still no plan for those .... enough green for a while!




One always eager helper, my awesome hubby, one reluctant helper and one defiant non-helper :)



A gorgeous day with no humidity, such a treat!





Washed, dried, soft and wrinkly! I'm so happy with the feel of this finish: light, cozy and inviting.


Finished size is 51" x 68".





:

Peek-a-boo from behind the pieced backing.


A mixture of machine and hand quilting.

 Machine quilting  in the setting and corner triangles and in the ditch around the 6 inch blocks.





Hand quilting in the blocks ....  a rough idea of what I did:





Update:  Vintage Green has found a new home with my middle brother and his family, Eric, Angela and Nicole.    I told Angela I was thinking of donating it, however I was hesitant.  It's one of my favourites and I'm so happy it's still in the family :)

Linking up with Can I Get a Whoop Whoop

6 comments:

  1. What a great way to use 9 patches!! its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. The greens worked beautifully. Someone will adore this sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some tiny squares!!! Great way to use them! And love the photo of your helpers showing the backing!!!

    ReplyDelete