Sunday, July 25, 2021

Project Linus 2021 Quilt #4

 


Another gender neutral donation quilt.  I have to admit, I miss using more girly colours, but I know ones like this are needed. 


The squares were cut at 5" and set in a 9 x 11 grid, finishing off at 40.5" x 49.5" before washing.


There are lots of  free tutorials for plus quilt out there.



I free motioned the wonky grid on both sides of all the seams.



A fun black and white animal print for the backing ... If you look reallllllly hard, you'll see a tiny dot of  pink on each elephant.  Somehow I missed that little pink detail, but it's not too noticeable and  still looks gender neutral to me :)




Linked with: Oh Scrap


2 comments:

  1. It is a darling quilt. I like the blushing elephants. Many of the small quilts I make go to a NICU where a friend works. She mentions that she has more boys than girls in the unit and most men won't want anything "girlish" for their baby boys. Somehow I don't think a blush on an elephant will be considered girlish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute little Plus quilt, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete