Saturday, December 8, 2018

I Spy - Double Dutch

(finished)


This one took about a month to finish, much quicker than my usual snail's pace.



This will be a gift for my 2 granddaughters, one not born yet but due in Jan. I'll give it to the big sister as a gift when the baby is born, something she can share and teach to/with her little sister.




Two of each character, for a matching pairs version of an "I Spy" quilt.



Quilted with straight lines.
Backed with a soft grey checked flannel.



This is about the 3rd or 4th quilt I've spray basted and so far I'm loving the speed and ease of this method.  Not sure if I'd try that on a large quilt but for medium to small ones, it's the way to go for me!

52.5 x 60"

Linking up :
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?
Crazy Mom Quilts


9 comments:

  1. The quilt is lovely. I really like the way you balanced the colors and have two of each eye spy patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. I tried using a lot more colours, but did not like it at all....staying with pinks, greys, white and black was a much prettier effect.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a great quilt! It is so nice to think of the "big sister" when a new baby comes along. BTW, I love spray basting, even for big quilts. It holds better than pins for me, and there are no pins to get in the way.
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia. I may have to give the spray basting a try on a large quilt, I sure don't miss those pins!

      Delete
  3. This is the block I have been looking for - I want to do an I Spy in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!I really love the colors. Pink, black and gray are a favorite combination.... I love spray basting my quilts, too. Larger ones are more complicated, but it can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you turned this into an I Spy quilt! Those girls are going to have such a grand time with it as the younger one grows! You are providing years of fun and learning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Just waiting, not so patiently, for little sister to arrive :)

    ReplyDelete