Saturday, February 20, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge and UFOs in Progress

 



There was not a lot of construction this week in the yellow housing complex.  I did make 3 more yellow plus blocks to fill in some gaps to complete the Row Quilt from some orphan blocks .



The Chick Block was made years ago and never used, so I thought Yellow February was a good time to highlight it here.





The rows below are sewn together with  4.5, 9  and 12 inch blocks. The 12 inch blocks are from Lori Holt's FARM GIRL VINTAGE book and made a few years ago.


The stars points were made with leftover triangles mostly from bindings.


The rows are just laying on top of the pink fabric which is auditioning for the background role :)



Originally I was going to set the 12 inch blocks like this ( picture below), but wanted to get some of those smaller stars and nine patches used up.


The DOUBLE DOUBLE 4-PATCH has finally become a top/flimsy.


The KAFFE HST QUILT is hand quilted ..



..and the binding bought. So excited to use this fun binding fabric.



My TINY TUESDAY  from last year is getting closer to a finishing plan. Ooops, the main part is upside down!



That's better




Happy Sewing everyone.

 Linking up with Angela at ScrapHappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Scrappy Saturday
















14 comments:

  1. I like how you are adding words to the sampler - great progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE the chick and the hen blocks! Keep going. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, now to figure out a fabric for the borders!

      Delete
  3. Wow!! You made some excellent progress this week, Karen! Both settings for the Farm quilt work well. That new layout? Pure FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun things going on in your sewing room! I love the sampler quilt with the pink background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I'm really trying to finish off some projects so I can go shopping and replenish the stash!

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had lot of fun sewing this week, Karen. I love the new layout for the farm and chicken quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too, like the pink background in your Tiny Tuesday quilt! And the words!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a group of fun projects! Love the Kaffe, love the row quilt, love Tint Tuesday. TT was such a fun quilt to make. I only recently finished mine too and it's already a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, lots of lovely projects! That's just the cutest row quilt and I like your final layout better than your original idea. And fun that you added words to Tiny Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute scrappy projects and love how you blog about your process! I was so happy to see your Be My Neighbour Finish! Love your colors and I've been wanting to do a Christmas Town quilt for my Christmas Corner feature on my blog, and those blocks will be perfect. So happy to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou Sheri for those kind words. I would love to check out your blog but can't seem to get there by clicking on your name and picture.

    ReplyDelete