Sunday, July 25, 2021

Orphans In a Row

 

My little orphan quilt, a collection of discarded blocks and scraps, now waiting for a forever family .


The large 12" blocks are from Lori Holt's "Farm Girl Vintage" book and were sewn too many years ago to remember when !


The points on the 4.5" wonky stars are made from triangle scraps, usually from bindings.


The nine patches were made for another project, long forgotten and abandoned.




I used a repurposed duvet cover for the backing, which I love doing but I'm not sure if any charities will accept this one since they prefer all new materials.



Hand quilted with perle cotton on all the solid pink areas and with regular hand quilting thread in all the other sections.






Block sizes: 4.5, 9 and 12 inch


Linked with: Oh Scrap

4 comments:

  1. Such a great use of forgotten orphan blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this top came out so cute. And, amazingly it looks like it was all planned. Hopefully you'll find someone who will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and beautiful quilt, just delightful. Such fun and especially appropriate for a child, I think. I hope the charity will accept it. I like your mix of big stitch and regular quilting.

    ReplyDelete