Saturday, July 9, 2022

RAINBOW STARS




A little finish, but a cutie.  This one turned out with a cuddly, light feel to it.

I started out with a plan to make a quilt full of these stars and matching rainbow diamonds.  Of course, I had no patience for that many half square triangles, especially such small ones.  I must have started with that plan at least 5 years ago.  Since then I've learned a few things about  my quilting stamina .... the bigger the pieces, the  more likely I am to keep at it



My stash was a bit short on low volume fabric, so I admit to using the back side of several pieces of too bright fabric.   A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do :)


Big stitch hand quilting, Baptist Fan design. It's of my favourites along with the Clamshell motif.


Our grass is getting crunchy and very thirsty,  excuse the brown grass 😞



 
No recipient in mind for this one, it'll probably go with  my donations to Project Linus.





My new bike, new to me. lol. 
 I'm hoping it will help me adjust better to this semi-retired life.
Now when I need a sewing break I can just hop on my bike for some exercise and fresh air, not to mention Vitamin D as well!
 




My next handquilting project, still in the pinning process.


Linking up with Cynthia at OH SCRAP.  Go stop by and check out all the scrappy fun!

 

9 comments:

  1. Both quilts are so cute. I love the low volume on the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rainbow stars is a wonderful quilt! I love the low volume background - it sounds good to me to use the backs of some fabrics - why not?! The bike looks fun, too - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your little houses! and the bike is fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your low volume background makes the rainbow stars sparkle! Hey. . .who says you can't use a different side of the fabric as the "right" side! It worked well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little star quilt is so pretty and the houses are adorable...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on this beautiful finish. I love the wrinkles in the quilt. It looks so soft. I've sewn fabric face down too if it was too bright or dark. Why not? It's still good fabric! I'm in love with your new toy. Such a lovely colour. Enjoy the fresh air. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt--bright and happy--and the binding is too fun! Baptist Fans is my favorite motif for hand quilting, too.
    Nancy, https://joyforgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your star quilt! How clever of you to use the reverse side of some fabrics to complete your background. The Baptist Fan is the perfect finish! (Kaholly)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great star quilt, Karen! I'm with you--large pieces + fast finish = happy quilter!!! I love your solution of flipping bright low volumes to the back side, too. I'm going to remember that!

    ReplyDelete