Thursday, September 5, 2024

A B C


My first Alphabet quilt, I'm happy with how it looks and feels.  LOL, the feel is just as important as the look, especially for little ones.  I am planning to donate this one. 



Almost all the fabric is by Lori Holt as are the blocks.

I used the pattern for her 6" tall letters and added borders to each block to increase the size to 10" finished.  The letters are not all the same width so some math was needed ...good  practice.


Machine quilting was done in a grid  on both sides of the blocks and hand quilting inside the blocks.  I was trying to keep it as soft and cozy as possible by avoiding dense quilting.





The quilt finished at 50 x 60  and shrunk to 48 x 57.75 after washing and drying.





The backing is a 60 inch wide Robin Hood fabric.


Two other quilts are in the process of being hand quilted.....what was I thinking !??!

My hands and wrists are not happy, but I'm still hoping to finish them eventually.  Next week I have a dr. appointment to get them checked out finally.

 



Feeling a lot like Fall around here. It's been a busy, fun Summer but Fall is always welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely quilt! Fall is welcome here as well. September often feels like the start of a new year!

    ReplyDelete