Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Girl Power

Girl Power


This is my favourite quilt so far, and I gave it away!




I knew my grand daughter, Brittnei would love it as much as me.  Pregnant with a little girl on the way I felt this one was meant to be theirs.  A girly quilt for mama and baby girl to snuggle under and occasionally remember these older girly hands that stitched it together.



Girl Power was started with a Kaffe Fassett fatquarter bundle, bought to cheer me up during Covid lockdown and keep me busy.  


From cutting the cheerful fabric, sewing the half square triangles together, to handquilting and binding, GIRL POWER was just the quilting therapy I needed.





Spring is here, but the snow shovels have yet to be put away for the season.



I can't wait to start another Kaffe Fassett quilt, already on the lookout for  another fq bundle


The binding fabric was bought separately, I can't remember if it was Kaffe or Tula fabric.  Whichever, I loved it!

The backing is a well used, oooohhh so light sheet,  perfect to keep the quilt from being too stiff and heavy.



 

Links: Can I Get a Whoop Whoop

7 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous! And I know how soft it must be, with all that wonderful KF fabric. The perfect gift for mama and baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I am in love with the beautiful bright colours of Girl Power! Your granddaughter and sweet great granddaughter will love it! Congratulations! You must be over the moon! Hope you are keeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gift for your grand and great granddaughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gift for granddaughter and special time. Girl Power is definitely a WOW quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie-Françoise de LilleMarch 28, 2021 at 4:15 AM

    So beautiful quilt for your granddaughter.
    Congratulations from France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, Marie-Francoise. It's so nice to hear from someone so far away. I have many fond memories of visiting your country 40 years ago when I was 19. I spent the summer doing volunteer work at a camp for kids in Le Champs-pres-Froges.

      Delete
  6. Girl Power is stunning! What a wonderful gift for your granddaughter and great granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete