Wednesday, March 24, 2021

 STITCHES OF LOVE

Part One:

I'm writing this post on Nov. 24, 2020, having finished STITCHES OF LOVE this past week. It will be a "welcome to our world" quilt for my great-granddaughter, due in March 2021.

The small squares finish at one inch... it always amazes me the results those little square scraps can produce.   




For a few years I was making 9-patches from my 1.5 inch squares, not sure why, just enjoying the process...feeding my "must use every scrap" obsession!  Well, I did make quite a few, even connecting half of the rows before the project was tucked away in a drawer for over a year.

Recently I pulled it out and felt the urge to see what I should make of all these cute little 9-patches.  Around the same time my granddaughter had announced that she was expecting ...a sibling for our great grandson.   

I scoured pinterest for quilt ideas, information overload !!!  Why do I always do that??? After seeing the planned colour scheme I thought maybe by adding their colours  in the binding, setting triangles and backing that this could work out really cute.



Hand quilted , big stitch, with perle cotton.





Backed with an old flannel sheet that has been hibernating in the closet for years.  Soooo, so soft!!



 

Finishing up at 50 x 50 inches before washing.

 

Updated March 23, 2021.


Our great grand daughter arrived yesterday, a bit early.  We are thrilled and can't wait to see her even if it will be 6 feet away. 


Out for a few Spring photos before gifting.










Links:  Can I Get a Whoop Whoop

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful finish! I have a box full of 2" blocks, hm, maybe a quilt like this is in my future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilting-so simple that it looks very modern. Adorable quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful scrappy quilt finish, Karen! I'd love to hear more about how you made your label. Congrats on the arrival of your great granddaughter! Here's hoping Mom and baby are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The label you see there was a strip cut of muslin cut with pinking shears, labeled with permanent marker, folded in half and basted along the back side before the binding went on.

      There is another label in the corner made from a muslin square, folded in half to make a triangle. I will update the post to add a picture of the larger 2nd label.

      Delete