Friday, December 24, 2021

DOUBLE DOUBLE # 2

This is my second DOUBLE-DOUBLE 4-patch quilt.  I love the first one, but shortly after finishing the handquilting, we upsized to a king bed from a double...a larger quilt was needed. 


I decided to cut the pieces larger this time ( 2", 3.5",and 6.5"), and it did speed up the process but I have to admit I prefer the first quilt with the smaller pieces.


Lots of scraps and stash, some that I loved




...and some not so much.





Hand quilted:




The backing is a repurposed Ikea duvet cover.




Linking up with  OH SCRAP




:

  78" x 96"

Timeline:  Summer 2020 -  Dec. 2021

Handquilted, Machine peiced








5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another finish. I like what you did with the bigger pieces. It shows up the print very well. I have fabrics that would look awesome in a block like that. Thanks for the inspiration. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both versions, Karen. Chunky pieces make sense for a bigger bed, but I can see why you might like the first one better. Congrats on finishing this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super quilt, and delightfully scrappy! Did all that hand quilting take you long?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on another finish. I am so impressed with your hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete