Thursday, January 2, 2014

"THE BOLD TRAVELER"
 
The planning of the quilt was a bit of a challenge .... no pattern, just a bag of material from Brittnei's (my granddaughter) travels and a request to make a quilt.   

All quilted and bound ready for a wash and dry before Christmas .   Actually 3 or 4 washes with lots of Colour Catchers.  I don't usually prewash my material, but these I had.  Even with prewashing the material, the colour catchers still picked up more bleeding from the finished quilt. 
 
Most of the quilting is fmq,  with a bit of hand quilting .
 
Our "bold traveler" at the young age of 25 is probably the most well travelled person I know.
Britt has already been to China, India, Africa, Haiti as well as many locations closer to home in Canada and the States.
Brittnei modeling the quilt with my son Josh.





No comments:

Post a Comment