Friday, November 1, 2013

"ON THE BRIGHT SIDE"
 
 
 
My first patchwork quilt ... thanks Amanda Jean for the inspiration!
 
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. If I had it to do over again I would pick different colours for the backing and binding.
 
 
All the material is from my scraps and stash.  For the backing I bought some orange polka dot flannel. 
 
Normally I use a cotton batting, but on this one I  tried a polyester ..... I definitely prefer the feel of cotton.
 
Right now I am working on hand quilting a baby quilt that I used a 80/20 batting on.  So far I like the feel of it ... I'll see how it feels once it's washed and dried.
 


Finished size: 76 x80
 



8 comments:

  1. Wow it looks awesome. Well done, this is amazing for a first quilt. Visiting from crazy mum quilts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This is not actually my first quilt, just the first one using simple square patchwork.

      Delete
  2. It's really cool! Sometimes the simplest designs can be the most effective or satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I was checking out some of your blogs .... very interesting life, you must keep quite busy!

      Delete
  3. Such a bright, happy quilt. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've been watching your progress every week on Crazy mom quilts with your Farmers Wife Sampler. It's looking great.

      Delete
  4. Great job! I love the fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty quilt and I love how your flowers match so well!

    ReplyDelete