After washing and being sent to the dryer it's down to 36" x 53.5".
This is what I started out with, but those lighter blocks were not looking so good in the mix.
I pulled them out and went with just the darker royal blues, purples and bright greens. A few black ones made the cut too.
I backed it with the blue in the picture above, and chose a variegated thread which I've had for a long time .... waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. Away I went fmq'ing with a loose, loopy meander with a few hearts thrown in.
I really enjoyed making this one; my favourite colours and no triangles to worry about.
A final note to self: Always take the time to measure in the centre of your quilt's width and height for your border strips. it really does make a huge difference in avoiding those irritating wavy borders.
I'm super happy with these borders, flat as a pancake :))