Sunday, September 9, 2018

Works in Progress



I have no quilt finishes to show, but a few things on the go! I am slowly handquilting one quilt,





 trying to talk myself into layering a finished top,



 and working on some fun blocks from Lori Holts Spelling Bee Book.  These will be part of a special quilt, hopefully to be gifted next year.






Also waiting to be done:




Below are just 2 of many orphan blocks I'm trying to pull together into a quilt.  I was learning paper piecing here on the orange star.  Not my favourite technique, but it sure does give nice clean points.



Green and blue nine patches (4 1/2 ")




A future Irish Chain Quilt... no finish in sight here for a while!!  These nine patches are 3".



ok,  so now I see I need to spend less time surfing on all the lovely quilty blogs out there and just get some of these poor, lingering WIP'S done :)

Linking up with:


4 comments:

  1. I like what you're doing with the hand quilting! A little at a time will get it done...says the gal who is a year into quilting her current one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I should have that one done by the end of the month. I have an afghan I've been knitting for over a year, hopefully I'll finish that soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen! You’re such a busy woman! I absolutely love the puppy block. I saved this on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago. Looks like my grandpuppy😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, your stitching on the hand quilted piece is so pretty. I haven't done a whole lot of hand quilting - but I sure love the look of it. I agree that getting sucked into blog reading takes away from our sewing time. Always looking for that balance. :-)

    ReplyDelete