Monday, August 10, 2020

SUN-ROOM REDO



This was the second time I've re-covered this metal furniture set.  It's just so sturdy and in great shape that I couldn't justify buying new .... the  crazy high price of a good quality replacement also helped give me the kick in the butt I needed to get me sewing!

Jim painted over the yellow walls with fresh white paint and added some extra insulation in the ceiling so hopefully we can make this into more of a true 3-season room, not just a summer room.


I was so ready to be rid of the orange flowery fabric from the last re-do.




We cleared out a lot of the clutter, now there's lots of room for the grand kids to play.




We found the "Home Sweet Home" sign and the metal bicycle at Parks Blueberries near Thamesville.
The bike reminded my of my dad and his love for bicycling, especially in his retirement.


Still on the lookout for a few special items to fill empty wall space.


Three blocks were stolen from a current project to make the wall hanging.
The blocks are from Moda's Be my neighbour free quilt along.



Links:

9 comments:

  1. Your sun room looks so nice. I'd love to sit with you, sip ice tea and watch the grandchildren play. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen. The grandkids are about the extent of our social circle lately, lol

      Delete
  2. What a lovely re-do! Looks so cozy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I appreciate the kind comments.

      Delete
  3. Your sun room looks lovely and inviting. A great room to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee and admire the beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou... a good room for handquilting too ☺️

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a difference a coat of paint and some new fabric can make. I love the blue and white fabric. The cushions seem to be more cushie and comfortable looking now. It looks like a perfect place to relax. Thnaks for including the link for the Moda patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. They are more cushie now ... I wrapped the bottoms in batting this time before re-covering and used big pillows for the back instead of foam. I also used one long piece of foam instead of 2 smaller ones, for the couch seat.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy that fresh looking sunroom makeover!! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete