Thursday, August 13, 2020

SUNSHINE & HEXAGONS

 

This one started last summer (2019) with some 9" friendship stars and grew from there.


The first blocks were made from the flowered yellow fabric which was from my neice, Mel's, wedding decor more than 5 years ago.   Then I had hexagon flowers that no longer fit in with my vision for "The 5 Year Plan" red and white hexie quilt mentioned here.




After auditioning some different red prints, yellow and blacks ... a simple red binding won out.


I named it without overthinking the issue.  The old song with Sunshine and Lollipops was in my head and wouldn't let go!





Hand quilted.



Washed  ...successfully ..... with 5 colour catchers.

"No fabrics were damaged from bleeding in the washing of this quilt."  lol

Whew!!!!



The backing needed  a bit of piecing to stretch out what was available in the stash.




Finishing at 51.5 x 60 after washing and drying.

I think it shrunk about 3 or 4 inches in each direction.


Links:  Peacock Party
            Can I Get A Whoop Whoop

           

9 comments:

  1. Lovely! So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It sure will bring sunshine to wherever it's going to be kept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt and it's the best kind, a finished quilt! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The block combo is wonderful. I love that you managed to use a layout that gave the two very different types of blocks a way to shine. "Sunshine and Lollipops," is a perfect name. Alas, I am old enough to have been a Leslie Gore fan. Now "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Roses," will be my earworm for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely and bright quilt. I love those blocks with hexagons so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your cheerful quilt finish!!

    ReplyDelete