Tuesday, January 31, 2023


Another quilt with Lori Holt blocks.
COUNTRY BOY is for my sister's grandson, Brooks.  
His older brother received one a few years ago .... so fair is fair!



Like his brother's quilt, it's backed with a cozy, repurposed flannel sheet.



Ivy, my helper for the day.  Ivy has her own quilt, kind of similar to this one.



Several Farm Girl books were used.  I love that you can mix and match the blocks to personalize.

Some closeups:



So many pieces to the scarecrow, I couldn't imagine doing the 6" version.
  Ivy has a 12" scarecrow in her quilt too, they are fun to make.





The snout and udder are pinker than they look here. 
 I thought about leaving a tassel on the tail... maybe on the next cute cow.



I did the hand quilting mostly with regular Guitermann hand quilting thread, but did use some perle cotton thread here and there.






I think there is a Fall / Pumpkin quilt in my future.... love the flat pumpkin!





 



Ok, I cheated on a few things as usual, this time on the horse blanket, going with a checked fabric instead of piecing tiny 1 inch squares.



Linking up here with CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP!



 

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is adorable! I love how you added details with embroidery and buttons. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make great quilts for the little ones. This one is no exception. Love it. Congrats on finishing a wonderful quilt. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute quilt for a little boy, Karen. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete